Monday May 16, 2022- 6pm Bellingham City Council Town Hall:
It was recently decided that this will be a 'remote' meeting via Zoom. PUBLIC SAFETY is the 'specific topic' of this Town Hall, therefore all Public Comments are suppose to be regarding Public Safety. The Bellingham City Council began 'topic specific' quarterly Town Hall meetings a few months after shutting down/canceling general Public Comments during Bellingham City Council meetings.
Lyle Sorensen interviewed Eric Ritchie, the Whatcom County prosecuting attorney. The main topic of conversation is the rapid escalation of crime in Bellingham and Whatcom County. For example in 2019-2020 the average number of auto thefts per year was 34. In 2022, there have been 196 auto thefts in the first quarter alone. Eric Ritchie discussed why this is happening. There is no space in the Whatcom county jail, so there is no deterrent for criminals. Bellingham is down by about 30 police officers, due to loss of police officers due to vaccine mandates, and other factors. It is difficult to hire police officers due to restrictions and personal liability imposed on law enforcement by state legislature.
What can we do about the explosion of crime in our community?
1. Report all crimes so that there will be accurate reporting of crime statistics.
2. light up your elected officials. Call and email your elected representatives, and speak at the County Council. We don’t feel safe in our community. We need more jail beds quickly!
The Truth Matters Town Hall in Woodinville on September 25 2021 was put on by the WA Civil Rights Council and MarchForFreedomWA. It was phenomenal with lots of great info! The links for Part 1 and Part 2 are below
Includes Karl Kanthak's presentation debunking the Governor's Emergency. Please share broadly!
Dan and Eryn go over the Federal and WA state law (RCWs) in Part 1 for those of you who are dealing with the covid vaccine mandate/exemption process. They go over the 'Constructive Notice' and the 'Statement of Declination of COVID-19 Vaccine Product' documents and those forms can be downloaded from the MarchForFreedomWA.com or the BeBraveWashington.com websites.
There is also a website with info at Free2Choose.org.
Dan & Eryn go over the law and share new insights.
Some of my takeaways were:
1) Do NOT quit your job voluntarily.
2) Do NOT sign any of your Rights away.
3) Request a meeting with the head of HR and go through both the Federal and State Laws (those mentioned in Part 1).
4) Check the FAQ page on the website
5) You can serve them (your Employer/Supervisor/HR) with a 'Constructive Legal Notice' and send it to them by Registered and Certified mail, you are basically putting your Employer on NOTICE, so that they can no longer claim ignorance to the law.
6) You can ask them for an RCW for what they are demanding of you (covid vaccine/weekly covid testing) as a condition of your employment. Ask them for all responses to be sent to you in writing. Document everything and go through HR. Save everything on computer/thumbdrive and print off for your records.
7) If you win a 'wrongful termination' lawsuit then they will have to 'triple your pay' from the date that you were terminated.
8) Look at your Initial Employment Contract, if it's not in your Original Contract it is a 'Breach of Contract.'
9) Ask them, how can you be a 'risk' now when you were not a 'risk' for the last year and a half at work?
10) They have no basis or evidence to consider you a 'direct threat.'
11) They need to provide concrete proof, evidence and do an evaluation to deem you a 'direct threat.'
12) The only option by law is that they have to find an ACCOMODATION for you.
Karl Kanthak goes over everything (in a nutshell) that has transpired over the last year and a half in Part 2. This is IMPORTANT INFORMATION and worth the ~2 hours to watch. It also includes in-depth info regarding the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation!
As an ACTION STEP the WA Civil Rights Council encouraged everyone to send Karl's presentation to all City Councils, County Councils, County Executives, County Sheriffs, Mayors, Senators, etc.
Lets all do this here in Whatcom County! If the same presentation gets sent to local officials numerous times then hopefully they will take the time to watch it! :)
I also suggest that we send it to our friends at the Whatcom County Health Dept (especially Erika Lautenbach and Dr. Greg Stern) and email it to all of the MDs in Whatcom County, and to all Police/Fire Chiefs (especially in Bham), police officers, and firefighters.
So please consider helping with this ACTION STEP, and send this to the Whatcom County Executive (Satpal Sidhu), Whatcom County Sheriff (Sheriff Elfo), all Mayors in Whatcom County (especially Bham Mayor Seth Fleetwood), all City Council Members in Whatcom (especially Bham City Council Members), all Whatcom County Council Members, all School Board Members in every School District in Whatcom (especially Bham School Board Members and Bham School Superintendent Greg Baker).
Please consider taking this ACTION STEP to help get this information out to others, hopefully it will help wake up another wave of people! :)